onsdag 5 februari 2020

Tepaus

A Lady with a Teapot (Hester Maud Maybery)  

"Before I ask you some questions, perhaps you would like some tea?"
"That would depend on what kind of tea you were offering."
"So diffident! Suppose it was Earl Grey."
I shook my head. "Tastes like pencil shavings."
"Lady Grey."
"I don't drink beverages named after beheaded monarchs. It seems so tacky."
"Chamomile?"
"Might as well sip butterfly wings."
"Green tea?"
"You can't be serious."
The old woman nodded her approval. "I wasn't."
"Because you know when a cow chews grass? And he or she chews and chews and chews? Well, green tea tastes like French-kissing that cow after it's done chewing all that grass."
"Would you like some mint tea?"
"Only under duress."
"English breakfast."
I clapped my hands. "Now you're talking!” 
                  David Levithan, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

2 kommentarer:

  1. Ah, English breakfast med en riktigt god vän - något att drömma om!
    kram

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Flette-Mette,
      Ja, jag drömmer om det - och önskar att vi vore mobila!
      Vi får ta det via fejstajm.
      M

      Radera